Texas Akaushi Beef Lasagna
Ingredients for Fondue:
4 cups (1 L) milk
2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
¾ cup (185 ml) butter
10 oz (300 g) Castelmagno cheese, cut into pieces
1 egg yolk
1. Heat up milk in a pot
2.melt butter in a pot then add flour , stir in hot milk and whisk till smooth
3.add Castelmango, or parmesan cheese and whisk on low heat
4.off heat whisk in 1egg yolk
Cheese fondue is served to top off the Lasagna after fully cooked right before service.
Ingredients for Lasagna Noodles:
3 ¾ cups (935 ml) all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cups (435 ml) semolina flour
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
16 egg yolks
1. Mix the ingredients in a large bowl until flour is incorporated. Once you have a smooth dough, keep kneading for several minutes until all components are well integrated. Form a ball, cover with a damp cloth and let rise.
2. With a pasta machine or a rolling pin, make paper-thin sheets of pasta.
3. Blanch noodle sheets in boiling water and cool in a large bowl of iced water. Dry the sheets with paper towel.
Ingredients for Bolognese Sauce Filling:
2 tsp (10 ml) extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup (75 ml) chopped carrots
1 cup (250 ml) chopped celery
1 cup (250 ml) chopped onion
4 cups (1 L) Akaushi ground beef
1/3 cup (75 ml) red wine
5 cups (1250 ml) pomodoro or tomato sauce
2 cups (500 ml) Ricotta cheese
½ cup (125 ml) grated Parmigiano or Parmesan cheese
5 basil leaves, julienned
1. Preheat a large sauté pan, and then add the olive oil and the carrots, celery and onions.
2. Meanwhile, preheat another sauté pan until it is very hot and pan roast the ground meat. Once done, and add it to the vegetables. Add wine, let it reduce. Next, add pomodoro sauce and simmer for 2 hours. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Once the sauce has cooled, stir in ricotta cheese, Parmigiano cheese and basil.
Method for assembling:
1. Build the lasagna by buttering the insides of a baking dish. Start with a layer of pasta, then fondue, then Bolognese sauce. Repeat until you have 4 layers.
2. Cook in a pre-heated 350◦F (175◦C) oven for 30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes at room temperature before serving.