Try this exclusive drink from our virtual cocktail class, where Four Seasons mixologists from Baltimore, St. Louis and Washington D.C. muddled and stirred romantic libations in real time to create perfect alcoholic treats. A old favourite gets a new twist, courtesy of Adrian Ross-Boon of Wit & Wisdom tavern at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore.
Tools: Large mixing tin, pint glass, bar spoon strainer, ½ oz (15 ml) & ¾ oz (22 ml) jigger, paring knife, martini glass
1-½ oz (45 ml) Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
½ oz (15 ml) The Famous Grouse
½ oz (15 ml) Sweet Vermouth
¼ oz (7 ml) Mathilde Blackcurrant Liqueuer
2 dashes Dale Degroff’s Pimento Bitters
1. Pour ingredients into pint glass and add ice.
2. Stir for approximately 30 seconds.
3. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
4. Take peeler or paring knife and cut lemon peels about 1/2 an inch (2 cm) wide. 5. Carefully hold the peel between the thumb and forefinger and twist over the glass, peel side down, to express the citrus oil into the drink.
6. Rub the peel around the rim of the glass to provide extra flavor.
7. Garnish with lemon peel.