Granny Smith, Yuzu and Kaffir Lime Bubble Tea
Ingredients for Granny Smith and Kaffir Lime Juice:
1 cup (250 ml) sour apple puree
1-½ tsp (7 ml) lemon juice
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp (90 ml) water
3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
½ cup (125 ml) fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn
1. Mix all together ingredients and let infuse for 1 hour.
Ingredients for Bubble Tea:
2-½ oz (75 g) tapioca
4 cups (1 L) water
½ cup (125 ml) hard apple cider (4.5% alcohol vol)
2 tbsp (30 ml) white sugar
1. Cook tapioca in water until transparent, then drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a small pot, cook the sugar to a very dark caramel, then carefully pour in cider and stir.
3. Weigh out 5-½ oz (170 g) tapioca and mix it with ½ cup (125 ml) caramel cider.
Ingredients for Diced Apple:
½ sour apple, diced
4 tsp (20 ml) apple juice
1. Place apples and juice in an air-tight bag and remove air. Seal.
2. Place sealed bag in a water bath set at 140°F (55 °C) and cook for 1 hour.
Ingredients for Yuzu Cream:
1/3 cup (75 ml) green apple puree
2 tsp (10 ml) yuzu juice
4 tsp (20 ml) 35 % cream
½ gelatin sheet, softened in cold water
1. Mix apple puree and yuzu juice and add softened gelatin.
2. Add cream and let it rest for one hour. Add to a siphon with 2 chargers.
Method for assembling:
1. Place a generous spoon of cider tapioca in a parfait glass.
2. Add the apple broth and some diced apples.
3. Dispense some yuzu cream and fresh yuzu zest on the top.