Try this exclusive drink from our virtual cocktail class, where Four Seasons mixologists from Baltimore, St. Louis and Washington D.C. muddled and stirred romantic libations in real time to create perfect alcoholic treats. This inventive two-in-one cocktail comes to us courtesy of Duane Sylvestre at BOURBON STEAK, Four Seasons Hotel Washington D.C.
Tools: Pint glass, bar spoon, strainer, paring knife, ice, rocks glass, Champagne glass
2 oz (60 ml) Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
1-½ oz (45 ml) Cointreau
3 dashes Dale Degroff’s Pimento Bitters
4 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
4 to 5 oz. of Piper Heidsieck Champagne
1. Add above ingredients (except the Champagne) into the mixing glass.
2. Add ice and stir with the bar spoon.
3. Place the strainer on top of the pint glass and strain about 1 ½ oz (45 ml) into chilled champagne flute (Eve) and strain the balance into a chilled rocks glass (Adam).
4. Top Eve with Piper Heidsieck Champagne and garnish both Adam and Eve with a lemon twist.*
* Cutting one smaller twist from the larger twist with a cutter is optional.